Friday, May 14, 2010

So Long, Farwell Laramie, Wyoming.....

Sunday night Matthew and his Grandpa Monk traveled back to Laramie with a big nice trailer to load all our stuff in. Monday the cleaning and loading begun. Some of Matthew's old roommates came over and helped Matthew load up all the big heavy things. ( Thanks Guys) Tuesday we did lots of packing, and cleaning. We cleaned all the carpets. I never knew how dirty my carpets really were. Yuck! That night we slept in an empty house. I got our twin blow up mattress to sleep on, and Matthew slept on the floor. What a sweetheart for letting me sleep on the mattress. It snowed Tuesday night, so we didn't know if we were going to make it out of Laramie. We woke up the next morning, and checked out of our apartment, and then hung out with our friends the rest of the morning. They made us breakfast, than Andrea and I went and made bead watch bands. I headed off, and Andrea rode with me at  about 3 that afternoon. Matthew and his Grandpa were only about an hour behind me. We had the trailer packed full, and we bought a couple of lambs that were strapped to the back of Grandpa's flat bed. Thank goodness the roads were good. We only had a little bit of snow and rain mixed just before Shoshoni.  We sure did enjoy our time in Laramie, and we will miss all our friends, church callings, and jobs. We are excited to be moving on in our lives, and going to Vet school. We will be living with Matthew's parents for a few months. We are so thankful to them for letting us do so.




6 comments:

Jill Asay said...

We're glad you guys made it home safely! I love that you guys bought some sheep...the boys are pretty excited to see them when we come home!!

Sonnie and Ryan said...

Moving is so much work! I hope you guys have a relaxing and fun summer!

Bagleys said...

Hey if you guys want some washington friends, we're glad to fill that role! :) I'm glad everything went well with packing and moving. Yay for a new chapter in your lives!

The Asay's said...

Kara Beth, How far are you guys from Pullman?

Trevor & Andrea said...

We will miss you guys too! Thanks again for the ride up north! Keep in touch!

Trish said...

I'm glad you made it. Moving is such a pain! I'm glad you had some help.